What is SEOOW Portable Cord - 600V?
Many customer browsing our store here at Wire & Cable To Go stumble upon our SEOOW portable Cord and ask us the difference between this cord & our SOOW Portable cord.
The main difference is in the construction of the cord's jacket.
SEOOW- 600V stands for:
- S - Service
- E - Thermoplastic Elastomer
- OO - Oil Resistant Insulation & Oil Resistant Jacket
- W - Water & Weather Resistance
The Thermosplastic Elastomer jacket
The Thermosplastic Elastomer jacket is what sets this SEOOW apart from the SOOW portable cord. This thermoplastic contains chemical resistance characteristics of PVC & flexible properties of rubber. In more general terms the SEOOW is a high-quality flexible cord engineered with plastic characteristics and rubber jacketed material compared to an SOOW which is only made up of a rubber jacket.
The SEOOW is also more resistant to water than SOOW and has a higher temperature range of –50ºC to 105ºC.
Below are more standards on the SEOOW Portable Cord:
- UL Flexible Cord - UL Standard 62
- CSA Flexible Cord - C22.2-49
- NEC Article 501.140 Class I Div. 2
- NEC Article 400
- Federal Spec JC580
- Passes CSA FT2 Flame Test
- MSHA Approved
- EPA 40 CFR, Part 26, Subject C, heavy metals per Table 1, TCLP method
SEOOW cords are durable, flexible & abrasion resistant.
If you would like to view our entire SEOOW Portable Cord selection please click here.
We also carry SJEOOW Portable Cords which is rated for 300v applications - please click here to view category.
Thanks for stopping by!